Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Butter Chunk Cinnamon Rolls

I am moving over some posts I'd made back when my cooking blog was on livejournal. Unfortunately I wasnt the best at crediting back then so if you recognize a recipe as your creation please please please let me know so I can give appropriate credit!

Butter Chunk Cinnamon Rolls

1/4 c cold butter
2.5 c Bisquick
1/2 c milk
1 egg
2 T soft butter
3 T sugar
1.5 t ground cinnamon
Glaze (recipe below)

Heat oven to 425.

Grease square pan 8x8x2.

Cut cold butter into 1/4 inch cubes. Toss bisquick and cubes until coated. Beat milk and egg, stir into butter mixture.

Turn dough onto cloth-coveredboard, generously dusted with baking mix; roll to coat. Fold and knead 10 times, roll into rectangle. 15x8. Spread with soft butter.

Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up tightly, beginning at 15" side. Pinch edge into roll. Cut into 12 slices with sharp knife. Place cut sides down in pan. Bake until golden brown, 15 min; cool 15 min. Drizzle with Glaze. Makes 12 rolls.

Glaze

Mix 1 c powdered sugar and about 1 T milk until smooth.

No comments: