Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pepperoni and Cheese Bread

Easy and nummy. Gotta love that. RLD works nights and since I've been out sick I like to make sure he has something good to eat when he gets home from work at 6:30am instead of just eating cereal or donuts he picked up on the drive. Since I sent him off to work last night with leftovers from the Jerk Pork dinner I knew he wasnt going to be terribly hungry I wanted something lite. This worked great.

Pepperoni and Cheese Bread



Recipe found via Amber's Delectable Delights

Ingredients:
1 roll refrigerated french bread dough OR 1 loaf frozen bread dough (thawed) (I used a refrigerated Italian bread loaf)
Pepperoni
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Egg wash (1 egg white, water) (I actually forgot the egg wash. Recipe still turned out fine without it though)
Seasonings I added
Italian Seasoning
Garlic Powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Roll out bread dough and sprinkle with mozzerella and parmesean cheeses, place pepperoni (as much as desired) on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with garlic powder and italian seasonings.

Carefully roll the bread dough into a cylinder shape. Pinch ends and top to seal. Brush top and sides of loaf with egg wash. If desired, top loaf with cheese, pepperoni, and/or Italian seasoning (I also sprinkled garlic powder on top of loaf). Make a few diagonal slices in top of loaf for air to escape while cooking.

Bake at 350 for ~20 min. (Mine was perfect at 14 minutes so keep an eye on yours after about 12 minutes - It will depend on the bread you use and the oven you have). Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.



RLD wants more meat in it next time. *chuckles* I explained that it's not really meant to be a meal, but that I wanted to make something lite for him, and he said it was fine. Next time, more meat. heh. I think I'll also use the egg wash too. Not sure what it's for but I hate forgetting bits of recipes.

No comments: