Monday, October 1, 2007

Pumpkin Bread



mMm My apartment smells so incredibly good. It smells like Autumn! Autumn makes me hungry! *drool* Whenever I'm stressed or depressed the first thing I want to do is bake. Bake bake bake. I remembered I had a can of pumpkin in the pantry and it is autumn so you figure it out. Really how can you not be cheered by the smell of pumpkin bread baking in the oven? Hmm. I wonder if that's a scent they bottle. Oh there's probably a pumpkin bread candle out there somewhere. heh.

Pumpkin Bread

Recipe found via love_x_c0re

1/2 C Corn Oil (vegetable oil is okay too)
2 Eggs, beaten
1/3 C Water
1 C pumpkin (canned)
1 2/3 C Sifted Flour
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 C Sugar

Mix wet ingredients: corn oil, eggs, water, and pumpkin (this will look really gross)

Add dry ingredients: flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar.

When everything is all mixed, it will be slightly thicker than cake batter.

Pour into greased & floured bread loaf pan (I used cooking spray with flour *built* in)

The original recipe said to bake on convection at 350 for 45 minutes. However, in a regular oven, I've always had to cook it for 75 minutes on 350. Just check it after an hour or so, poke it with a toothpick and see if it's still gooey in the center or not.

+++++++

While this yummy bread was baking away I decided to peruse the cookbook list at amazon. Bad idea for a cookbook addict. heh. Did you know there is a Star Trek cookbook, 2 - that's two! - Star Wars cookbooks, and a Shrek cookbook!?! I want to order them just to see what the heck kind of recipes are in there. Gosh there sure are a lot of things I could happily walk away with in the kitchen area of Amazon. heh. I need to win the lotto and get the kitchen of my dreams!

No comments: