Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ginger Cookies

I'm a fan of spicy. Even if it's just ginger spice in a cookie that's a plus to me. I was delighted with how well these cookies turned out and apparently Roger (a gentleman that RLD works with) likes them too. heh. I've started packing a little bag of cookies in RLDs lunchbox just for Roger because he is apparently always stealing RLDs.



Ginger Cookies

Found via "The Silver Spoon"

3/4 c shortening
1 c sugar
1 egg
2 T molasses
2 c flour
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 t ground cinnamon
1 t ground ginger
1/2 t ground cloves

1. Cream together shortening and sugar. Add 1 egg and 2 tablespoons molasses.

2. Stir together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.

3. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.

4. Roll dough into balls in the hand and dip one side in sugar. Place on greased baking sheet, sugar side up.

5. Bake at 375 approx 10 min. They will spread out and crack on top like regular ginger snaps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some Ginger Chews that I have to share with you. They are absolutely delish!

tweekie said...

This reminds me that I wanted to try the ginger molasses cookie recipe I got -- apparently it's the same ones that they make at Starbucks which I -adore-.