I'm a fan of spicy. Even if it's just ginger spice in a cookie that's a plus to me. I was delighted with how well these cookies turned out and apparently Roger (a gentleman that RLD works with) likes them too. heh. I've started packing a little bag of cookies in RLDs lunchbox just for Roger because he is apparently always stealing RLDs.
Found via "The Silver Spoon"
3/4 c shortening
1 c sugar
2 T molasses
2 c flour
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 t ground cinnamon
1 t ground ginger
1/2 t ground cloves
1. Cream together shortening and sugar. Add 1 egg and 2 tablespoons molasses.
2. Stir together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
3. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
4. Roll dough into balls in the hand and dip one side in sugar. Place on greased baking sheet, sugar side up.
5. Bake at 375 approx 10 min. They will spread out and crack on top like regular ginger snaps.