Friday, October 12, 2007
RLD loves coconut and I have to admit I have a bit of fondness for it too so when I stumbled across a recipe for Coconut bread I had to try it. The coconut flavor is very subtle and I was a bit disappointed it wasnt stronger but it's a good bread and is very good toasted with butter.
Adapted slightly from recipe found at Baking Bites
1 1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar
2 cups coconut, sweetened, shredded
1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Sift those combined ingredients into a large bowl. Add sugar and coconut. Stir just to combine.
4. Make a well in the center and pour in egg mixture. Stir until combined.
5. Add melted butter and stir until smooth. Do not overmix.
6. Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
7. Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.