I needed to bake this morning because it's just going to be one of those heavy emo days and found this recipe on allrecipes.com - gosh I love that site.
Easy Chocolate Covered Coconut Macaroons
* 10 cups flaked coconut
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 2/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
* 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the coconut, flour and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until everything is well blended. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 10 in the preheated oven, until coconut is sufficiently toasted. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
4. In the microwave or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt chocolate chips , stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Dip cooled cookies halfway into the chocolate and scrape off excess onto the side of the bowl. Place onto waxed paper until set.
Only changes I made to the recipe was to leave out the milk and reduced baking time to 10 minutes due to comments that reviewers left. The cookies turned out very well.