Sunday, October 7, 2007

Spaghetti, Mozzarella Bread, & Peach Cobbler! Oh my!



Tonight's dinner wasnt anything terribly exciting or innovative. I have 3/4 jar of Ragu left from making meatloaf the other day so I just made spaghetti w/mozzarella bread. The sauce I just dressed up a tiny bit by sauting fresh garlic with the ground beef then adding the sauce along with oregano, basil, and a small can of tomato paste. I had a loaf of "neo rustic" bread that I'd picked up the other day so I used butter, minced garlic, and shredded mozzarella to make a tasty cheesebread. They both turned out rather well soI wasnt too disappointed that I broke my pact of not buying jar spaghetti sauce anymore. heh.

For dessert I made RLD a peach cobbler. I know it doesnt really go with Spaghetti but I was already planning the cobbler before I decided on spaghetti and RLD had his heart set on it. The crust for the cobbler was very good. It definitely had the "cobbler" taste and texture to it. RLD suggested using frozen peaches or fresh peaches instead of canned next time because the peaches were a bit on the soft side.



Peach Cobbler

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 large can peaches, drained (use fresh/frozen peaches next time)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.

2. Pour into 8x11 baking dish sprayed with PAM.

3. Bake at 400 for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.

No comments: