1/2 lbs bulk sausage (use 1 pound bulk sausage next time)
2 cups self rising flour (use 2 cups AP flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt next time)
3/4 cup buttermilk
1. Cook sausage until done in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring to crumble.
2. Drain. Cut shortening into flour until mixture resembles meal.
3. Stir in buttermilk, mix, and add sausage.
4. Roll dough to 1/2" thickness. Cut out with a 2" cutter.
5. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
6. Immediately brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter once you take them from the oven.