Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pork Medallions with Tarragon Sauce & Savory Biscuit Bites

RLD loves pork. I think if I'd let him that would be the only meat we would have in this house. heh. I have another one of my odd quirks about pork. I like Pork Medallions but I'm not too fond of any other pork (sausage doesnt count). I do love Pork Medallions though. I havent had them cooked in a way that I dont like them yet. Maybe it's the "it's tiny so it's cute" factor. My brain works in very odd ways sometimes. ;)

This yummy dinner was Pork Medallions with Tarragon Sauce over white rice, Savory Biscuit Bites, and Salad with Italian dressing for me and Ranch for RLD.



Pork Medallions with Tarragon Sauce

1 1/4 lb pork cutlets (1 1/2 inch thick)
1 T Dijon Mustard
2 T butter
1/8 t salt
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 T dried tarragon, crumbled
1/2 cup half and half
pepper to taste

1. Spread one side of meat slices with mustard. In heavy skillet, melt butter and pork, mustard side down. Sprinkle with salt.

2. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove meat to platter and keep warm.

3. Add beef broth and tarragon with pan drippings and stir. Simmer until half the liquid remains, add Half and Half, simmer stirring until sauce is slightly thickened. Season with pepper and pour over pork, then serve.

++++

RLD found biscuits on sale one day and bought a whole bunch of them. Since plain ole refrigerated biscuits are really dull I looked around for ideas on how to dress them up a bit. These really are wonderful and super easy of course!

Savory Biscuit Bites

Recipe found via All Recipes

1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 T grated Parmesan Cheese
1 T dried minced onion
1 1/2 t dried parsley flakes
1 (12 oz) package refrigerated biscuits

1. In a bowl, combine butter, cheese, onion and parsley.

2. Cut biscuits into quarters; roll in butter mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 2-in. baking pan; let stand for 25 minutes.

3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments: