Saturday, September 22, 2007

First post!

I used to have a food type blog on livejournal (my nonfood related blog is still there - personal blog) but I decided for this blog I'd rather have it on blogspot (where it seems a LOT of foodie's blog), so here I am. Right now I am grounded from doing a lot of cooking/baking because I am having problems with my knees and back and my physical therapist said "none of that cooking business for 2 weeks!". ha! As soon as she told me that I immeadiately wanted to go make something. I fought the urge for 2 days and then gave in. I did make something super simple though. I grabbed a recipe from the bag of magazine clipped recipes my mother had given me and spent 10 minutes on it. Surely I cant get grumped at for spending 10 minutes in the kitchen!?!

I am still trying to figure out how to take pictures that dont make the food look all horrid and fuzzy so no picture for this recipe but hopefully I'll be including them soon!

Recipe: (Taken from a magazine clipping Mother gave me)

Banana Caramel Spice Pie

1 large ripe banana, sliced (I actually used two. One for the bottom of the pie and one to decorate the top)
1 Keebler Ready Crust Shortbread Pie Crust (I just used the standard pie crust I had in the freezer already)
2 c cold milk
2 pkg (4 serving size) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
Caramel dessert topping

Place banana sliced in bottom of crust.

Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes and cinnamon. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon into crust.

Refrigerate 4 hrs until set. Serve with caramel topping. (I sliced the 2nd banana and decorated the top with it then put on the caramel topping.)

No comments: