Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lemon Bars

My gosh I love lemon! My mom used to tell the story about when I was little and we went out to eat they would have me in my high chair with a plate full of lemons and I was happy as can be. I still love lemons!

Today I made Lemon Bars and they are sooo good I want to devour the whole pan! I'm not going to though. I'm going to take some to work and munch the rest! heh.

Another happy thing is that I have a new camera!! My dear friend Dawn over at Eat, Play, Live, got a new camera and was kind enough to give me her old one since I have been having such camera drama lately. Thank you, Dawny!! (Now I just have to learn how to take good pics! *LOL*)

Anyway, on to the yumminess! I found this recipe via Bakerella who always has the best darn treats on her site! Be sure to check her out and I guarantee you are going to get a massive sugar craving.



Lemon Bars

Found via Bakerella

Crust:
1 cup butter
1 3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup confectioner's sugar (plus more for dusting)

Topping:
1 1/2 cup plain sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a 9 X 13 pan.

To make crust:

* In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and confectioner's sugar
* Cut in butter until combined and crumbly. (I got to use my new pastry blender! YAY!)
* Press mixture into bottom of pan.
* Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

To make topping:

* While crust is baking, prepare topping.
* In a larger bowl, add sugar, flour, and baking powder.
* Then add slightly beaten eggs and lemon juice.
* Mix well and pour on top of warm baked crust.
* Bake for 20-25 minutes.
* When cool, dust with confectioner's sugar and refrigerate.
* Cut into bars and enjoy them cold! (I had one warm and it was delish!)

No comments: