Sunday, April 12, 2009

Orange (sorta) Chicken

Once again, Sandra at Full Bellies, Happy Kids posted a recipe I had to try. This time it was a very yummy and easy orange chicken. I was a little leary since there isnt actually any orange in the recipe but my goodness it was soooo good! I served mine with brown rice and even had great leftovers for lunch the next day.

This one is going in my Paula Deen book that Dawn at Eat, Play, Live gave me for my birthday.

Orange Chicken

3 lbs. Chicken, cut into bite size pieces
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of cornstarch
4 beaten eggs with a little milk
oil

Sauce:
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of water
2 tablespoons of soy sauce

Beat 4 eggs together and add a little milk. Mix cornstarch, flour and garlic powder together. Dip chicken pieces in the flour then egg. Fry in hot oil until golden brown.

Place chicken in casserole dish.

Sauce:
Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved and ingredients are blended.

Pour sauce over chicken

Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. (There wasnt actually a baking temp listed so I baked mine at 350 for 35 min and it turned out perfectly)

No comments: