Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cream Cheese Poundcake

I am moving over some posts I'd made back when my cooking blog was on livejournal. Unfortunately I wasnt the best at crediting back then so if you recognize a recipe as your creation please please please let me know so I can give appropriate credit!

Cream Cheese Poundcake

1.5 c butter, softened
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
3 c sugar
6 lg eggs
3 c all purpose flour
1/8 t salt
1 T vanilla extract

Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.

Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan.

Bake at 300 for 1 hr and 40 min or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.

No comments: