Thursday, October 4, 2007
I did it!! heh. I have tried numerous oatmeal cookie recipes and they all have failed for me. I have no idea why either, this are not complicated cookies! My goal has been to make an awesome oatmeal cookie so I can make them for my Mom who is really sick. I tried to make a batch yesterday and they turned out badly so I posed in Discuss Cooking's forums. Silly me, I didnt even notice the recipe on the oatmeal container until someone there pointed it out. I tried it. It rocks! The only major thing I did different was leave out the raisins because I'm out. I cant wait to make a batch for Mom!
Found via Quaker Oats lid
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
3 c Quaker Oats (uncooked)
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oats; mix well.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen.