Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chocolate Pound Cake

My name is Anya and I am a chocolate addict. I admit it freely.

Pound cake is wonderfully yummy and dense. So when I saw a recipe for a Chocolate Pound Cake how could I resist? The chocoholic in me wouldnt let me resist! I might try a glaze next time I make this. The powdered sugar was pretty but didnt really offer anything tastewise.



Found via All Recipes

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c butter
3 c white sugar
5 eggs
2 t vanilla extract
1 t instant coffee granules dissolved in 1/4 c hot water
1 c buttermilk
2 c all-purpose flour
3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 t baking powder
1 t salt

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

2. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the dissolved coffee and buttermilk. Pour batter into prepared pan.

4. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.

No comments: